Trump banned entry to the US of residents from Brazil due to the situation with the coronavirus

tramp16

The White House on Sunday announced that the U.S. would bar entry of non-citizens traveling from Brazil, which has witnessed a sharp growth in coronavirus cases in previous weeks.

The Trump administration”has determined the Federative Republic of Brazil is experiencing widespread, ongoing person-to-person transmission” of this virus, according to a White House announcement.

Brazil has over 360,000 cases of COVID-19, the disease brought on by the coronavirus, according to health ministry statistics published Sunday night, which means it trails just the U.S. in the Johns Hopkins University tally. Experts believe it a undercount due to testing.

Brazil also has listed over 22,000 deaths, which will allow it to be the fifth-most on the planet. There are over 96,000 U.S. deaths reported.

The ban on travel from Brazil is set to take effect. The new restrictions would apply to any non-citizens who’d been in Brazil for up to 14 days before trying to go into the U.S., officials explained.

As with another bans, it would not apply to lawful residents. A partner, parent or child of an U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident too will be permitted to enter the nation.

President Trump included in the statement:”I have decided that it’s in the interests of the United States to take action to restrict and suspend the entrance to the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the Federative Republic of Brazil throughout the 14-day interval preceding their entry or attempted entry to the United States.”

Trump already has prohibited traveling from Europe the uk and China, all of which have been struck by the virus. This past Wednesday, Trump said that he was contemplating restrictions to journey from Brazil.

National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien said the U.S. needed to take”each step necessary” to safeguard the American individuals.

O’Brien said Sunday on CBS News'”Face the Nation” that he anticipated any ban could be temporary.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany added in a statement:”Now the president has taken decisive actions to safeguard our country by suspending the entrance of aliens who have been in Brazil throughout the 14-day period before seeking admittance to the United States.”

She continued,”Today’s actions will help guarantee foreign nationals who’ve been in Brazil don’t develop into a source of further diseases in our nation.”

Statistics from Brazil’s civil aviation agency revealed there already has been a sharp decrease in U.S.-bound flights in the South American nation. There were more than 700 flights from Brazil to the U.S. at February of the year, with the number dropping to only 140 in April, two months later.

There were more than 700 flights to the U.S. in Brazil in April 2019, the data showed.

South America was seen as a new epicenter of the pandemic that was coronavirus, according to the World Health Organization. Brazil overtook Italy and Spain in total confirmed cases last week.

Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro has faced criticism for months, with activists saying he has refused to take care of the pandemic.

Bolsonaro has downplayed the coronavirus by repeatedly calling it a”little influenza” and insisting that shutting companies and devoting stay-at-home recommendations finally would cause more hardship by shifting the economy.

The amount of instances from Brazil has continued to surge, forcing hospitals in states to the brink of collapse and causing the Amazon city of Manaus to bury people in mass graves. The rate of deaths has been quickening and, the country has had only an interim health ministry with a summit still approaching.

0 I like it
0 I don't like it

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *